GNT Reader (formerly SBLGNT Reader) has been completely rewritten from the ground up. This significant redesign focuses on what GNT Reader does best. There are a host of apps in which you can read the Greek New Testament. What has always set GNT Reader apart is simplicity.
With the latest update this is more true than ever. The new GNT Reader is laser-focused on helping readers of the GNT to get into the text as quickly as possible with as few distractions as possible.
- The text is central. The app opens in the text, instead of on a home landing screen or table of contents. Pick up right where you left off in your reading.
- Infinite scrolling text. Text reading has always been limited to one chapter at a time, requiring a swipe action from the user to go to another chapter. Now you can scroll straight from Matthew 1 to Revelation 22.
- Twenty fonts to choose from, including Cardo, Brill, and SBL Greek. All with excellent support for ancient Greek text.
- Vocabulary has been overhauled to provide a single-screen overview of all vocabulary for the current chapter, sorted and filterable by frequency within the GNT.
- Audio is more useful than ever, providing a choice between modern or erasmian pronunciation and allowing the hearer to adjust the playback speed as needed.
- Concordance displays with the text for each verse directly within the reading screen, rather than requiring an extra two steps away from the text.
The update also removes a few features:
- Reading plans
- Speed reader
- User-specific vocabulary
It is always sad to see features go. However, their departure allows us to better focus on what GNT Reader does best: allow you to read the Greek New Testament as easily as possible.
Download the app in the Google Play Store today. Leave a review to let us know what you think!